A healthy blood pH is between 7 and 7.5, and what does this mean?
If we maintain our body in its normal natural state, which means slightly alkaline, it will be more protected from diseases. It will not be a favourable environment for any fungus, virus or bacteria. In the other hand, if the body gets more acidic than it should, there will be more risk of diseases. This is why we need to maintain our body alkaline through eating habits and lifestyle. Find more about The ultimate balanced diet – Going Alkaline.
We are the only ones responsible for maintaining an alkaline pH in our bodies. The environment, the food industry, stress, smoke, excess of exercise, bad eating habits, alcohol, etc., keep making our body get acidic. We have to reverse this, and the best way is with food that alkalinises our bodies.
Here are 5 easy ways to alkalinise our bodies, without needing to change all our habits
1. Compensate with more alkalinising foods. These are the ones that are rich in minerals like potassium, sodium, magnesium and calcium. In this group of foods, we have the green leafy vegetables, the cucumber, the cruciferous vegetables, celery, lemon, lime, berries, goji berries, avocado, garlic, onion, ginger, and turmeric. Cooking Alkaline food is actually easy, quick and delicious. Find out 3 Easy Alkaline Meals You Can Cook in Under 15 Minutes!
2. Avoid acidic food: processed food (cookies, biscuits, bread, pastry, pasta, etc), sweets and sugar, artificial sweeteners, alcohol, sodas, fried food, flour, dairy, and meats.
3. Detoxify your body from toxins, heavy metals and bad substances in general, since they all make our body acidic and not clean properly. For this, try making a detox day once a month or a detox week once every few months. Make sure to include all the alkalinising foods or juices, when you are in this cleansing process.
4. Maintaining your body active, which will keep your metabolism active, will eliminate toxins and will make your body work like it should. Don’t over train, since this will cause stress, and this will cause an acidic environment for diseases to come.
5. Start your day with lemon/lime water. Now here is the easiest way to start your day alkalinising your body. Just squeeze a lemon/lime on warm water and drink this first thing in the morning. People believe that this makes them lose weight, gain energy and even lose fat! The real benefit (and possibly the reason why of those believed benefits) is that lemon/lime water helps to alkalinise your body first thing in the morning.
As soon as you start with this, you will feel the difference and you will adopt them as habits in your life! Get started now!
You can choose from our 3 Night or 7 Night packages or enquiry with us for your own customised plan to fit your schedule. You will be given a personalised schedule and daily plan involving everything you see below. You also have access to our entire facility including our world-class sports trainers and classes.
Marcela is a Nutritionist and Dietitian, with a specialisation in Sports Nutrition. She earned her undergraduate degree in Human Nutrition at the University of Costa Rica in 2008, then completed her master’s degree in Integrative Health and Human Movement in the Universidad Nacional de Costa Rica in 2010 and a postgraduate degree in Integral Health and Human Movement with an emphasis in Athletes and Sports Nutrition. She has dedicated the past ten years to the sport, competing in several prestigious fights including the Queen’s Cup, the King’s Cup, the World Championship in Bangkok and she has fought for a World Title in Las Vegas.
About the Author
Bochakorn began her education in conventional medicine as a nurse, then shifted to embrace natural healing and integrative medicines. Her training and certifications abroad include: Nutrition and Western Herbal Medicines, Acupuncture and Moxibustion.
During her therapeutic sessions, she may also incorporate other aspects of integrative medicines when required, including: acupuncture, cupping therapy, moxibustion, nutritional, supplements and herbal recommendation.