Restorative yoga and deep stretch class focuses on opening up the connective tissues, relaxing the muscles, and calming the nervous system. Some postures use yoga props to support you in deeply releasing muscles. The goal is to support the body in a way that enables you to stretch the bones, ligaments and tendons. You are guided to find your edge in a stretch and then wait for your body to invite you to go a little bit deeper.
Restorative Yoga and Deep Stretching Methodology
This class helps in restoring, relaxing, and releasing stress and tension in your body calmly through awareness and peace. This form of yoga is a wonderful companion after rigorous athletic workouts. Instructors will teach you how to center your breathe and body. The focus of restorative yoga is on stillness and calm movements sustained for long periods of time. All levels are welcomed!
- Become more flexible
- Takes relaxation of the body to a deeper level
- Calms the mind
- Results in better healing and balancing the nervous system
- Improves the immune system and your mood
- Teaches compassion and understanding of others and oneself
What Should I Bring?
- Comfortable flowing pants and loose tops
- Water bottle
- Change of clothes
Additional Class Information
- Classes, coaches and venues are subject to change due to availability.
- Reservations must be made with Club Services and acceptance into the class will be on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Please be ready 10 mins before classes start to ensure they run on time.
- Individual and small groups (2-5 people) sessions also available on request.
Contact Club Services to secure your place.